Tuesday, May 26, 2009

20 yrs

today marks 20 yrs that we moved to the US of A ... 20 friggin' yrs!

when we first moved here - we being my parents, sis and I - we moved to a relative's house in Longwood, one of the cities close to Orlando ... what I remember most of that day was the ride to the house from the airport... for some reason, everytime I drive down that road, I remember that day

sometimes I wonder what life would have been for me had I decided - against my parents' wishes - to stay in Puerto Rico (I was 19 at the time, yeah, do the math, am friggin' 39 yrs old, lol)... only sometimes though... I love my island but I like it here and this is home now

last summer I went to my high school's 20th yr reunion and even though it was great to see everyone... I felt like a fish out of water... I had a great time there, don't get me wrong, but that wasn't my home anymore... it was kind of bittersweet to me

in the past 20 yrs I got my bachelor's degree, bought my first (and second) car, bought my own home, got married, had a son, got divorced and have kept my job with the local government for the past 15 yrs (and counting!) ... now I am thinking, what about the next 20 yrs of my life? what am I going to do with those?

to help clarify and make changes I am now reading, not one, not two but three books (is a habit I have, can't read just one at a time, is that bad?, lol)

these are the books I am reading now.... The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson, What Happy Women Know by Dan Baker and Cathy Greenberg and The First 30 days by Ariane de Bonvoisin. The first one I got it as a Christmas gift from my sis and the last two I bought at the Florida Conference for Women I attended on May 12th (that is a post that I have to write later, very empowering day!)

the key now is to find the time to read... ha! laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment