Wednesday, December 9, 2009

hugs

Today, as I walked back to my van after I dropped off G at school, a little girl came to hug me. She was in the same classroom with G last year in Kindergarten, I will call her Rose. Every time she sees me, she gives me a hug. Today thought, it felt like she needed a hug ... so I stopped - I was already late for work - and knelt down to give her a hug. And that is when I felt it ... her heart beating like a millions horses were inside that little body ... then I looked at her face and she was soooo sad. She said she misses her daddy. From what she said, I guess her parents separated or something happened that he is no longer in the house.
In a way, I am glad that G is too young to remember when his dad I separated. He wasn't affected like this little girl. It broke my heart to get up and leave her but I had to as I was already late for work. But I have her here, squeezed inside my heart ...

No comments:

Post a Comment