Friday, April 25, 2014

... four months into 2014 ...

So it has been four months into this year, 2014 ... before I know it school will be over and my son will be done with 5th grade.  Where did the time go?  He is growing so fast in front of my eyes is not even funny.  And I intend to enjoy every little time that I get to spend with him.  He will go with his dad this weekend and I will, once again, try to figure out what to do with my time...

In December 2013 we got a dog - a lab/pit mix from Puerto Rico.  His name is Thor.  And it seems that he has been with us forever.  He is my dad's companion and he is a hit with the kids.  I have to admit, he is a hit with me too.  He is just too cute and funny and active.  Too active for me at times but hey ... it is what it is.  He is not really trained ... when people ask me I say that he is training us real well.  And they laugh, and so do I.

My dad still lives with us.  He makes sure to keep the grass and plants alive and I am grateful for that.  I am not usually the green thumb kind of gal.  But he likes that and it keeps him occupied.  We don't really talk much about mom but I think, I feel that he is not over her death.  I really wish that he would do something more than just stay at home, not because he needs the money but because it will open the door for him to interact with other people besides family and neighbors.

And me ... well I am trying to have a life while handling everything else ... next month is my birthday ... I turn 44 years old ... funny I don't feel a day over 26 ... lol

No comments:

Post a Comment