Monday, November 30, 2009

When it rains...

When it rains, it pours ... so they say, but I can attest to the fact that it is true!  This has been one of the hardest years I have ever had to deal with ... new responsibilities at work (which I welcomed 'cause I was feeling like I was in a rut) ... more responsibilities with my mom due to her health (which I shared with my dad and my sister as we have no other family here in Orlando) ... then in June mom passed away ... BAM!  That was one hit that I was definitely NOT ready for ... none of us were ... so I moved my dad in with me and my son in July, in August he retired and in October ... BOOM!, another hit ... my dad had a car accident that had it not been for him wearing a seatbelt and the airbags, it would have been much more worse ... his car was a total loss and he is at home recuperating, slowly but surely ... he broke his right arm and leg and he is healing (thank God!) but it is a slow process ... he won't be able to put weight on it at least the first week in January 2010.
 
At this point I feel like the ham (or the cheese if you don't eat ham) of the sandwich, smack right in the middle.  I am responsible for my kid but now I am responsible for my dad too ... I am a parent and a parent to my parent?  Does that make sense?  The one word that truly describes how I feel right now is overwhelmed.  Very.  Overwhelmed.
 
And to make the deal even sweeter (or sour, depending on how you look at it), my sister's car broke down.  Just like she was saying this weekend ... first there were three (cars), then two, then one ... I told her to shut up and don't jinx my van ... which by the way she is driving today.  So yeah, when it rains, it pours ... where's my friggin' umbrella?

No comments:

Post a Comment